Medical Office Specialist
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). College Park Family Care is a Christ-centered medical practice within our HCA Physician Services Group, and every aspect of our practice is rooted in providing compassionate care to our patients and each other. Our goal is to provide compassionate, comprehensive care for every member of the family. We have more than 90 providers, including specialists who can meet all health care needs - from obstetrics and orthopedic surgeons to dermatologists and dietitians. At College Park Family Care, you can count on exceptional care from experienced, board-certified providers.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The Medical Office Specialist is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides clinical/administrative expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Working at the reception desk
• Communicating with patients and providers
• Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments
• Reminding patients of upcoming appointments and tracking missed appointments
• Answering multiple telephones and accurately documenting messages
• Forwarding telephone calls appropriately and following up on return calls
• Checking-in patients and properly documenting registration
• Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics
• Filing medical records
• Retrieving medical records and delivering to appropriate providers or department
• Filing patient and administrative files
• Copying and faxing duties
• Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards
• Entering charges, payments, and balancing the day in the computer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
• Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
• Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
• Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
EXPERIENCE - Less than one year of experience is required; however, one to three years of experience is preferred.