Medical Office Specialist
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). PSG operates more than 800 practices, 78 urgent care clinics, and partners with HCA's 165 hospitals to structure employed provider programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care. We manage a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The role of the Medical Office Specialist includes responsibilities for all front office functions including patient relations, appointment scheduling, telephone duties, patient registration, insurance verification, handling medical records, filing, cashiering, and computer work.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Work at the reception desk, answer phones, greet and communicate with patients and providers.
• Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments.
• Checking in patients and properly documenting registration.
• Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics.
• Filing and retrieving all medical records/files.
• Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards.
• Entering charges, payments, and balancing the day in the computer.
• Less than one year of experience is required, one to three years of experience is preferred.