The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). PSG operates more than 800 practices, 78 urgent care clinics, and partners with HCA's 165 hospitals to structure employed provider programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care. We manage a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The Medical Office Specialist is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides clinical/administrative expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Working at the reception desk
• Communicating with patients and providers
• Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments
• Reminding patients of upcoming appointments and tracking missed appointments
• Answering multiple telephones and accurately documenting messages
• Forwarding telephone calls appropriately and following up on return calls
• Checking-in patients and properly documenting registration
• Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics
• Filing medical records
• Retrieving medical records and delivering to appropriate providers or department
• Filing patient and administrative files
• Copying and faxing duties
• Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards
• Entering charges, payments, and balancing the day in the computer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
• Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
• Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
• Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
EXPERIENCE - Less than one year of experience is required; however, one to three years of experience is preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom