Are you ready to lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Medical Sales Specialist in the SW Michigan area! This person can be based in Grandville MI, Lansing MI, Kalamazoo MI, or Elkhart IN.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations.
The Medical Sales Specialist sells medical gases, products, and services to medical establishments within a specific geographic area serving as a subject matter expert to both internal and external customers. The Sales Specialist is responsible for developing and executing regional company specific medical gas marketing plans and acting as a support resource for the regional company.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will have:
- Responsible for increasing sales and profit margins by presenting the company's various medical product lines to new prospects and existing customers by both explaining and demonstrating Airgas's products and services further emphasizing the benefits matched to customer need.
- Develops and implements customer specific marketing plans by studying the type of product and volume used by customers/prospects depending on industry or trade factor.
- Prepares sales proposals and contracts by quoting pricing, credit terms, estimated date of delivery based on knowledge of Airgas's production and delivery schedules.
- Acts as a resource for other Airgas sales professionals in developing and maintaining medical sales within their customer base by providing product and industry training, making customer presentations and recommendations.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing memos/reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Keeps management informed by maintaining and submitting activity and results reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required.
- Recommends changes in products, service and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments and discussions with vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- 3 years of prior solution driven sales experience preferably within the industrial and specialty medical gas field.
- Demonstrated relationship management and consultative selling aptitude with the ability to problem-solve and devise solutions for the customer.
- Ability to target accounts and achieve results through an action plan.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels and roles both within Airgas and outside the organization.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a thorough understanding of financial accounting terms and principals including margin, profit, cost, and rate of return.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to include the ability to multi-task and effectively manage projects in a diverse organization.
- Strong computer skill to include proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) as well as a working knowledge of SAP.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with effective organizational/time-management skills.
- Reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Frequent local travel (75% of work time); Minimal overnight travel.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.