a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC., a leading medical gas producer/distributor is seeking a Medical Sales Specialist
in our Opelika, AL
location. JOB SUMMARY:
Under general supervision, the Medical Sales Specialist serves existing and prospective customers by selling medical products and equipment; develop and implement market plans and sales strategies for assigned territory; and strive to exceed the customer's expectations and resolve any problems. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide medical gas products, services, and equipment through interacting with assigned accounts within territory.
- Represent the company's various product lines to new prospects and existing customers by demonstrating products and services, and by explaining the features of each company product and service. Emphasizes benefits of Airgas products and services to potential customers and matches customers' needs with the appropriate products.
- Develop and maintain sales relationships with assigned accounts within a territory.
- Identify and qualify prospective customers within assigned area or territory and keep direct manager informed of such information.
- Increase sales and margin profits through market penetration to existing accounts and by establishing new accounts.
- Act as liaison between customer and company regarding pricing, products, delivery information, payments, service, and inquiries of any kind.
- Act as a resource for other sales representatives in developing and maintaining medical sales within their customer base by assisting them with customer sales calls and providing product and industry training, making appropriate recommendations and presentations.
- Answer customer inquiries and satisfactorily resolves customer complaints.
- Research and analyze market data in assigned area or territory to determine new customers, sales volume potential, pricing, and develop a strategy to meet sales targets.
- Prepare and analyze sales reports to identify cause and effect relationships due to price increases, strategy initiatives, current market conditions, and other factors.
- Prepare sales proposal/contract by quoting pricing, credit terms, estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of company's production and delivery schedules.
- Maintain current product knowledge through participation in company-sponsored training, as well as involvement with outside trade organizations and governmental agencies.
- Collaborate with AMM and AVP to develop and implement market plan and sales strategy for assigned territory.
- Assure sales objectives are met within the established budget; and control expenses to meet and stay within budget.
- Maintain open communication with management by completing and submitting activity and results reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required in a timely manner.
- Work safely and meet the requirements of all company safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State and Federal regulations and the Company.
- Protects operation of company by keeping financial, production, sales and marketing information and plans confidential.
- Maintain a professional presence and demeanor that is reflective of a corporate image.
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Perform counter sales in a back-up capacity.
- Assist with store inventory and housekeeping.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Marketing from a four-year college or university a plus.
- 3 years of experience selling medical, specialty or industrial gases and equipment to independent distributors and customers while working for an industrial or specialty gas producer.
- Strong understanding of medical gas products and processes.
- Industry experience preferred and related product knowledge is essential.
- Negotiating and selling skills required with a proven record of achieving or exceeding assigned sales goals.
- Computer proficiency and intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prior experience with SAP is a definite plus.
- Valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by company.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us!
- Excellent presentation and negotiating and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of corresponding geographical area.
- Ability to drive and walk considerable distances on a daily basis (5-100 miles per day).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention detail.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to read speaks, write, spell and understand the English language.
- Moderate work processing skills including windows.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs., climb, reach and perform various physical maneuvers to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Airgas USA, LLC. offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.