Medical Scheduler PRN
Responsible for the scheduling of dashboard, phone and faxed appointments in a prompt and courteous manner. Manage difficult and interdepartmental scheduling with minimal delay to customer. Correct utilization of the scheduling features of Dashboard and Spreadsheet, accurately entering all mandatory information. Provides instructions to patients and physician's staff . Establish and maintain a working knowledge and vocabulary of procedures scheduled.
• Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
• Appointment requests processed in a prompt and timely manner within 2 hours;
• Schedules patient in a prompt, courteous manner;
• Correctly utilizes the scheduling features of the Care Assure Dashboard, with accurate entry of necessary information
• Instructs patients and physician staff on appointment information;
• Establishes and maintains a working knowledge and vocabulary of procedures scheduled;
• Communicates changes in schedule according to department guidelines;
• Assists with orientation of new employees as needed and serves as a resource within the department;
• Maintains accurate facility scheduling spreadsheet
• Assures patients appointment attendance within 3-5 days of scheduled appointment
High School Diploma required
Minimum 1- 3 years of scheduling experience
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom