Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field based oncology therapeutic and disease expert who develops on-going medical and scientific professional relationships with scientific leaders in large academic centers, NCI comprehensive and designated cancer centers, integrated delivery systems and large oncology provider practices.
The MSL provides accurate, complete, fair balanced and intellectually honest medical and scientific information relevant to Merck oncology assets and related disease states, in a balanced and credible manner consistent with the regulatory environment and Merck's ethical standards.
The MSL also serves as a resource for the Oncology Global Medical Affairs (OGMA) management team on strategic planning and provides mentoring for other team members.
- Develops ongoing medical and scientific professional relationships with scientific leaders to ensure access to medical and scientific information relevant to Merck oncology assets and related areas of therapeutic interest.
- Effectively communicates and coordinates with Health Systems Medical Affairs Directors regarding medical and scientific support needs in key affiliated national and regional oncology care accounts.
- Serves as a resource for the Executive Director OGMA, MSL Team Lead, Oncology Strategy Lead and Director of Oncology Content and Training.
- Attends and supports scientific and medical meetings. Prepares planned post-meeting deliverables
- MD, PhD, PharmD, or equivalent
- Minimum of (5) years' experience and proven therapeutic competence in oncology and/or immunology.
- Thorough knowledge of Oncology clinical medicine, pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacoeconomics, disease management, and medical research including investigator sponsored trials
- Knowledge of clinical (patient care) or deep research experience in assigned therapeutic area(s) beyond that obtained in the terminal degree program
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines, laws and regulations relevant to the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to network, strong personal integrity, collaborative mindset, and a strong patient and customer focus are necessary
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment, and have demonstrated project leadership abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
- 50% Travel
- Field-Based Medical Experience
- Clinical Practice and/or Research Experience
- Experience in organized healthcare institutions/systems providing experience in developing peer-to-peer relationships with clinicians and scientific leaders
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement