Memorial Satilla Health
is a 231-bed acute-care hospital located in Waycross, Georgia . More than 155,000 people live within our nine-county service area that surrounds Waycross, Georgia. Waycross and its neighboring town of Blackshear, collectively offer excellent public schools, an active art and theater group, several golf courses, and an excellent array of hiking, fishing, camping, and boating fun. With many large tracts of land available, excellent housing, and low real estate costs, our locale is the perfect place for families. Position Summary
- Works in Case Management with RN Case Managers, Discharge Planners
- Collaborates with community resource agencies
- Implements discharge plans to meet the needs of patients and families
- Position is highly interactive with patients and families and will involve listening and counseling, patient assessments, coordination of plans with interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Provides individualized plans to maximize resources available, provide appropriate care and decrease length of stay in facility.
- Encounters all ages of patients, newborns, pediatrics, adults and geriatrics.
- This position will cover patients in Critical Care areas, Medical/Surgical nursing units and Birthing Center
Master's Degree in Social Work Experience
No experience required but is preferred License
Current license in Georgia as LCSW or LMSW
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom