Blake Medical Center is seeking a compassionate Registered Nurse to join our Medical/Surgical Nursing Team. New RN graduates are welcome! Apply online today!
Blake Medical Center
is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program will formally begin in July of 2016, allowing us to accept and teach resident physicians at our hospital. Blake is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health. Also, our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index®.
Our Medical/Surgical Department
is a unique in-patient unit with a mix of semi-private, private, and observation rooms, offering exceptional care for the patients we serve. Our typical patient profile ranges from a diabetic care patient to one who's just undergone an elective surgery.
- Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, IVAC, Dinamaps, Dopplers, Lifting Equipment, Accu-Check, Accu-Dose, Crash Cart
- Dress code: Professional scrubs (individual provides their own; RNs wear royal blue)
- Lifting equipment available: Opera, Encore, Maxislides, Z-slides
Blake Medical Center's M edical/Surgical Nursing Team is committed to fulfilling our hospital's mission statement "to provide exceptional care to every patient, every time." We're looking for top talent. Apply online today!Qualifications: Education
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification preferred
- Minimum one year acute care RN experience preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom