Performs tests and procedures in one or more areas of the clinical laboratory with independent judgement required. Medical technologists are accountable for accurate results the proper use of quality control materials and evaluation of those results. They must recognize the interdependency of tests and conditions that affect test results. Participates in continuing education, competency and proficiency testing. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Must be currently registered as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist by ASCP.
- Education: BS in Medical Technology or Baccalaureate degree plus completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technology program.
1. Prefer hospital laboratory experience.
2. Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
3. Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom