$5,000 Sign on Bonus - Relocation Assistance Available - Certain restrictions and qualifications apply. Nights10-6:30 BLAKE MEDICAL CENTER
More options. More opportunities. More ways for you to express your passion for quality and expand your potential for success. Join us at Blake Medical Center, part of the growing HCA West Florida hospital system. Here, you're sure to enjoy our 13-acre tropical campus, just blocks from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Our 383-bed acute care facility is technologically advanced and proficient in over 30 specialties, such as:
* "Top 100" ICU
* Cardiovascular ICU
* Emergency Services
* Rehabilitation Center MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications include:
- Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist.
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST in all Laboratory areas is required.
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping.