Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.Description
As a key member of the Anatomic Pathology/Histology Team, perform microtomy to create slides, with subsequent performance of various staining protocols (H&E, IHC, etc) and slide scanning for digital pathology. May perform macrodissection of slides for downstream applications.
- Perform microtomy, with proper precautions for specialized downstream molecular testing
- Perform H&E staining and immunohistochemistry
- Perform general slide quality assessments
- Perform data entry into multiple laboratory information systems
- Perform scanning of slides with the Aperio ScanScope and ensure scanned images are of appropriate quality.
- Complete and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency and timeliness in accordance with current standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in assessing whether test procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that the results are within acceptable tolerances.
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment as assigned by Supervisor.
- Identify potential process improvements to increase quality, lower costs or reduce turnaround times. Assist in the implementation of changes as assigned.
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and off-site lectures and meetings.
- Good knowledge of the Clinical or Anatomic Pathology procedures used in the area of responsibility
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) and other regulatory agency standards within area of responsibility
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and terminology used in the area of responsibility
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to maintain effective reporting procedures and control workflow
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in Histotechnology and 6 months relevant experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Applicable certifications and licenses as required by country, state, and/or other regulatory bodies
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Work is performed in a laboratory environment, full manual dexterity and visual acuity required
- May be exposed to potential physical harm from hazardous chemicals, infectious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, toxic materials, toxic gases, electrical hazards, dangerous tools and equipment