Lafayette Regional Health Center is a 25-bed acute care facility that is deeply rooted in the community it serves. Lafayette Regional includes all new private rooms with private baths, state-of-the art imaging and testing services, a full range of general and laparoscopic surgeries, wellness programs, and rehabilitation services. With a broad range of services, nearly 20 medical specialties are covered at Lafayette Regional.
Lafayette Regional Health Center is currently looking for a PRN Medical Technologist ASCP.
• Under the general supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist performs pre-analytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, date entry, and specimen processing.
• Performs moderate complexity and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988. Performs post-analytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results. Monitors quality control. Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
• Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
• Maintains a safe work area.
• Demonstrates professional work habits, interpersonal skills and great customer service.
• Participates in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data.
• Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed.
• Teaches theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students. Assists with the orientation and training of LTA, LTA, LSC, CLT/MLT, MT Non-registered, and CLS/MT Registered employees.
• The Medical Technologist provides care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
• This employee may or may not be required to perform specimen collections as defined by their individual competencies.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education Requirements : Bachelor degree in laboratory science or related science required OR "Grandfathered" as a medical technologist by CLIA 88.
Professional Licensure/Registration/Certifications/Other : MT (ASCP), CLS (NCA), MLS (ASCP) or, as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I (ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required OR registry/certification eligible. Registry/certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
Experience : Experience preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom