Centerpoint Medical Center - Independence, MO Medical Technologist (M T) PRN Centerpoint Medical Center
features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more. Centerpoint Medical Center
features the following:
Centerpoint Medical Center
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women's Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
is currently looking for a Medical Technologist (MT) PRN. Responsibilities:
- Under the general supervision of the Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist/registered Medical Technologist performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing.
- Performs waived, moderate complexity, and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by clia 1988.
- Performs post analytic testing responsibilities including test reporting and verification.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
- Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- Demonstrates professional work habits and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor degree in medical technology or related science required OR Bachelor degree and certification in subspecialty area OR "Grandfathered" as a medical technologist by CLIA 88.
- MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA), or as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I(ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required or must obtain ASCP certification within first 180 days of employment.
- No experience required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom