One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center.
We are extremely proud that we have earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score report and once again been named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in America!
The Medical Technologist, under general supervision, performs, evaluates, and reports clinical laboratory test results used by the physician to diagnose and treat patients. This includes specimen collection, specimen manipulation, equipment operation and trouble shooting, quantitative and qualitative analytic evaluation and communication of results.
Qualifications: Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
- Performs clinical laboratory test procedures for high complexity testing according to written procedures, and communicates results to appropriate caregiver
- Evaluates acceptability of test results by applying knowledge of specimen suitability, test methodology, quality control parameters, age-related factors, critical values and disease-related factors, and verifies the results if acceptable
- Exhibits problem-solving abilities and takes appropriate remedial and corrective action when test results are equivocal or equipment malfunction occurs to ensure accuracy and timeliness of results
- Documents work activities and reports test results by utilizing clerical and computer functions to ensure accurate and timely reporting of results
- Obtains specimens by venipuncture, heel stick, or other appropriate methods from patients of all ages, newborn through geriatric, when requested, to assist in efficient lab operation
- Performs quality control, equipment calibration and equipment maintenance procedures according to written procedures to ensure accurate and timely lab results
- Trains new employees, instructs medical technology students and MLT students and presents staff continuing education/in-service programs as requested to ensure a well trained and educated staff
Required Education or Experience
- Current certification as a Medical Technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or CAHEA approved equivalent registry, within 6 months of hire
- Current driver's license
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science, or medical technology from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom