$5,000 Sign on Bonus - Relocation Assistance Available - Certain restrictions and qualifications apply.
Medical Technologist - FT Nights 10pm - Blake Medical Center
Are you looking for advance your career as a Medical Technologist? Become part of an awarding team of Medical Technologist here at Blake Medical Center. We are currently seeking a Medical Technologist for a FT Nights position. We have a dynamic team of Medical Technologist on staff and we are currently looking to add a Lead Medical Technologist to the team. Our team of Medical Technologist take pride in the medical field. Become a part of our Laboratory and Medical Technologist Team today. Medical Technologist job duties:
Blake Medical Center
- Performs stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individual and department are licensed under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director.
- Performs duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Applies theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent judgement to ensure timely and accurate results.
- Maintains licensure, competency, and is regulatory scheduled in Blood Bank, Chemistry, and Hematology sections of the laboratory.
- Performs non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required.
- Supports the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
Experience a higher standard of care at Blake Medical Center located in Bradenton, Florida just minutes from the Gulf Coast beaches. Our 383-bed acute care facility has been named a nine-time "100 Top Hospital" and a "100 Top Cardiovascular Hospital" by Thompson Reuters, formerly known as Solucient. With a strong commitment to quality care, advanced technology and professional development we make sure our employees are well cared for too.
Along with dozens of specialties and accredited treatment programs, our award-winning hospital also features several Centers of Excellence:
Heart & Vascular Institute * Chest Pain Center with PCI * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Cancer Care * Joint Care * Spine Care Center
Develop you career by joining our 13-acre tropical campus ideally situated less than one hour south of Tampa. Blake Medical Center is in the process of application for a Level II trauma designation.
Make excellence your goal by joining our team of Medical Technologists and family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to www.MoreCareerChoices.comQualifications: Requirements:
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist, ASCP preferred
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST is required in all areas of Lab preferred, at least 3 areas of the lab is required
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred. Blood Bank experience is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- MUST be comfortable working alone and covering all areas of lab.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.