SOUTH BAY HOSPITAL South Bay
Help deliver superior service to the patients at South Bay Hospital, part of the HCA West Florida hospital system. Our team strives to provide effective and efficient care in our newly renovated 138-bed hospital. Our new ICU/PCU patient tower, enhanced lobby, Café at the Bay with outdoor seating, Chapel and Gift Shop opened recently with all new amenities for patients, our employee team and visitors. We are proud to be recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures five years in a row. We also hold disease specific certification by The Joint Commission in Stroke, Total Hip and Knee Replacement, Heart Failure, and Sepsis. With new communities breaking ground each year, this is an ideal location to experience our commitment to your career and our community. We support our talented staff with advanced technologies throughout our hospital and Centers of Excellence including:
* Chest Pain Center - Certified by the Society of Cardiovascular Care *Advanced Primary Stroke Center with a Gold Plus Award by AHA *10 Bed Emergency Department *New 26-bed ICU/PCU Critical Care Tower *Diagnostic Cath Lab *Center for Joint and Spine *Mammography and Women's Diagnostic Services *Surgical Specialties including General, Orthopedics, Urology and Gastroenterology
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications Include:
- Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and Lab Assistants as needed.
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist.
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST is required.
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.