$5,000 Sign on Bonus - Relocation Assistance Available - Certain restrictions and qualifications apply.
Medical Technologist II - Fawcett Hospital
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Medical Technologies? Become part of an awarding team of Medical Technologist here at Fawcett Hospital. This position is a FT Night position. We have a dynamic team of Medical Technologist on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Medical Technologist to the team. Our team of Medical Technologist take pride in the medical field. Become a part of our Laboratory and Medical Technologist Team today.
The staff at Fawcett Memorial Hospital continually meets the high standards required to care for the unique needs of our patients. As part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, our 238-bed facility serves the Port Charlotte area and is a trusted provider of quality care and compassion with several accredited Centers of Excellence:
Joint Care * Chest Pain Center * Spine Care Center * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Cancer Care
Located less than 30 minutes from southwest Florida's most famous beaches, we employ advanced technologies, career stability and the support you need to grow.
At HCA West and Central Florida's 15 hospitals we're not just caregivers, we're devoted to caring. Located throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota and the greater Orlando area, we're on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation's largest healthcare system with more than 15,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to www.MoreCareerChoices.com
The Medical Technologist II performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
- This position is full-time (64 hours per pay period) nights with rotating weekends.
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist, ASCP preferred
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST is required in all areas of Lab preferred, at least 3 areas of the lab is required
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred. Blood Bank experience is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- MUST be comfortable working alone and covering all areas of lab.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.