Integrated Regional Laboratories Medical Technologist II Full-time (1.0 FTE) Nights *SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE* Palms West Hospital
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) includes thirteen HCA hospital laboratories in Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, Saint Lucie and Okeechobee counties and one Core Laboratory in Broward County. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations in the HCA East Florida market into an integrated service network.
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
At Palms West Hospital, we're celebrating 27 years of excellence in healthcare. Our state-of-the-art, 204-bed facility offers top-quality care in every category from preventative programs to elective, major and emergency surgery. What truly differentiates Palms West from the rest, are our people, a team of dedicated healthcare professionals who understand that a hospital stay can be an especially trying period for a family and who do everything they can to make the experience less stressful. Palms West has established a position of medical leadership by listening to the needs of people in our community and responding with compassionate, quality health care and innovative new services that meet those needs. Benefits:
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Medical Technologist performs stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
Apply Online Now!!
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist or equivalent.
- Must be licensed as a Technologist in the state of FL
- Associate's degree in Science field required
- Post Graduate Degree in Medical Technology strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Lifting up to 50 pounds. Occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting. .