Celebrating more than a 50 year history of healing, Citrus Memorial Hospital is the leading provider of healthcare in Citrus County and the surrounding area. More than 150 physicians and 1,000 employees at the 198-bed acute care hospital offer a wide range of services including 24-hour emergency room care, heart and vascular surgery, orthopedic and spine surgery, and women's services. Citrus Memorial is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and is fully licensed by the State of Florida.
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
We're hiring top talent today. Apply online now by going to www.MoreCareerChoices.comQualifications: Required Job Qualifications include:
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist.
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST in all Laboratory areas is required.
- BLOOD BANK experience is required.
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom