Medical Technologist - Fawcett Memorial Hospital
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Medical Technologist? Become part of an awarding team of Medical Technologist here at Fawcett Memorial. This position is a PRN position. We have a dynamic team of Medical Technologist on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Medical Technologist to the team. Our team of Medical Technologist take pride in nursing. Become a part of our Laboratory and Medical Technologist Team today.
Live and work just five minutes from Charlotte Harbor and less than thirty minutes from Southwestern Florida's famous beaches. Come join us now for the work, and life, you've always wanted to enjoy. Features at our 238-bed facility include is an integral provider of healthcare services throughout the area.
To learn more about Fawcett Memorial Hospital please visit: http://fawcetthospital.com
Apply online NOW! MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist.
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST in all Laboratory areas is required.
- BLOOD BANK experience is required.
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom