Parkridge Medical Center Chattanooga, TN Medical Technologist, Laboratory Parkridge Medical Center
has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga's best hospitals for healing. Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area's most knowledgeable and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events when every minute matters. Parkridge MC
is currently looking for a Medical Technologist, Laboratory
PRN (Nights, Holiday Rotation, Every 3rd weekend if needed) Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Specimen processing, pre-analytic inspection of specimens for identification and integrity.
- Performs various types of laboratory test(s) on patient specimens, evaluates test results, and report/enter/verify test results in Laboratory Information System.
- Performs and evaluates periodic quality control per policy and procedure. Adheres to all Quality Assurance procedures.
- Evaluates new and/or modified procedures, reagents and instruments as directed by Section Coordinator. Troubleshoots all instruments as directed by Section Coordinator..
- Assists in training new employees/students as directed by Section Coordinator.
- Communicates laboratory test knowledge and test results in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Participates in hospital initiatives and in department goals set by the Laboratory Director and Manager
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree; Graduate from a NCCLS accredited Medical Technologist program.
- TN State Clinical Lab Technician. MT (ASCP) required.
- Hospital laboratory experience preferred.