Part-Time Medical Technologist - Microbiology
Work Schedule : Every Thursday & Friday and every other Saturday & Sunday from 3:30pm-12am
Location : Medical City Dallas
Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas Hospital is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas, just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a short drive from North Dallas suburbs.
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400 in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
Medical Technologist Job Summary :
- Performs chemical, bacteriological, serological and microscopic procedures in one or more laboratory sections.
- Maintains records of performance, patient results, and quality control as defined in the laboratory's general and sectional policy and procedure manuals.
- Maintains equipment in accordance with defined policies and procedures, and records preventive and remedial maintenance of equipment.
- Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement projects in the laboratory.
- May participate in research and development of new procedures and changes to existing procedures.
- May participate in cost analysis of existing and prospective test procedures.
- Trains new personnel as required by administrative technologist.
Medical Technologist Job Qualifications Include :
- Bachelor's degree with major area of study in medical technology is preferred. Other scientific education is acceptable according to CLIA education requirements for high complexity testing (minimum of associate's degree with 24 credit hours in biology and chemistry.)
- Three years of lab experience is preferred.
- Certification is preferred to include:
- MT(ASCP) or equivalent, HEW (HHS), NCA, or other certification
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom