Medical Technologist - PRN (As Needed)
PRN Coverage Needed : Weekends - All Shifts
Location : Medical City Plano
Since opening our doors in 1975, Medical City Plano has provided Plano and Collin County with advanced health care. We've built our reputation on the exceptional compassion we offer all our patients, a legacy preserved from our simple beginnings as a small community hospital. Now, as a world-class medical facility offering the latest in technologies and a comprehensive range of health care services, Medical City Plano continues its growth to maintain its position as a leader in health care across the region.
Medical City Plano is a full-service, 493-bed acute care hospital with more than 1,600 employees and over 1,000 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and subspecialties. The medical staff at Medical City Plano is a diverse group of experienced professionals. They are dedicated and committed to using new technologies and keeping up-to-date on recent advancements in health care. Every member of our staff - including nurses, radiologists, therapists, pharmacists, support staff, management and administration - is focused on the health and comfort of every patient who comes through our doors.
Medical Technologist Job Summary :
Performs and demonstrates proficiency and understanding in one or more areas of the clinical laboratory, assists in instructing other personnel as assigned, and performs with a perceptive depth of clinical laboratory tests and procedures which require the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility. To assure that the highest degree of quality patient care is maintained at all times.
Medical Technologist Job Responsibilities :
- Show competency in performing testing procedures
- Effectively use laboratory equipment
- Perform and evaluate Quality Control Program
- Assist with laboratory training program
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
Measures of Effectiveness :
- As observed by manager and others.
- Review of documentation.
- Patient care and/or department service is delivered in a safe, competent, and efficient manner as determined by outcomes, quality monitors, and other internal and external processes.
- Conduct and interpersonal relationships contribute positively to the delivery of quality care and services, and to orderly operation of the department and the facility.
- Skills are maintained and enhanced through consultation with interdisciplinary team members, participation in planning activities, and attendance at in-service and continuing education programs.
Ages of Patients Served : Birth - 1 year (Neonatal/Infant); 1 - 11 years (Child/Pediatric); 12 -17 years (Adolescent); 18 - 64 years (Adult); 65 years and older (Geriatric)Qualifications:
Medical Technologist Job Requirements/Qualifications :
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Licensure/certification/registration: NCA, ASCP, HEW or AMT (or registry eligible and must obtain within one year of hire)
- Experience: 1 year general lab or equivalent clinical laboratory training program
- Special Skills & Qualifications: Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom