Medical Technologist / MT PRN
PRN (As Needed)
Medical City Lewisville
To provide quality care for the patient by performing those tests requested by the physician and by using technical skills and training, performs those tests in an expedient, accurate, and professional manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
• Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
• Attend staff meetings and in-services.
• Transport patients safely.
• Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
• Performs tests accurately.
• Maintains proficiency in all areas of the laboratory.
• Ensures testing is performed in accordance to meet the individual needs of newborns to geriatric patients.
• Responds effectively to STAT requests.
• Uses good judgment in interpreting results to ensure accuracy.
• Performs and documents all quality control as specified in a complete and timely manner.
• Properly documents all remedial action taken to correct any deficiencies noted.
• Performs and documents all prescribed equipment maintenance.
• Follows proper procedure for infection control.
• Is familiar with send out procedure.
• Processes patients and specimens in the reception area.
• Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
-Bachelor's Degree with a strong course background in chemistry and biology or military service equivalent.
-Registry as a Medical Technologist with the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) is required; or registry eligible . If registry eligible must attain registry within 90 days of hire date.
-Previous experience in acute care hospital laboratory preferred.
-Strong problem solving skills.
-Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
-Job requires ability to work all shifts as required, change priorities frequently, have good infection control skills, operate various instruments, computers, follow written instruction and know current policies and procedures.
-Must be able to handle stress and work well with the public and the professional staff.
About Medical City Lewisville:
Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a state-of-the-art full-service medical and surgical facility offering 186 beds with 24-hour emergency services. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. Medical City Lewisville has been identified as a High Performer for treatment of congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by U.S. News and World Report in their 2017-18 Best Hospital rankings. In the fall of 2017, we also received the prestigious "A" rating from The Leapfrog Group, a national nonprofit health care ratings organization for Hospital/Patient Safety. Medical City Lewisville is a great place to work - and the best possible place to receive care.