PRN (As Needed)
Medical City Lewisville
To provide quality care for the patient by performing those tests requested by the physician and by using technical skills and training, performs those tests in an expedient, accurate, and professional manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Model and ensure the "I AM HCA" behavioral standards are followed.
• Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
• Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
• Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
• Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
• Attend staff meetings and in-services.
• Transport patients safely.
• Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
• Performs tests accurately.
• Maintains proficiency in all areas of the laboratory.
• Ensures testing is performed in accordance to meet the individual needs of newborns to geriatric patients.
• Responds effectively to STAT requests.
• Uses good judgment in interpreting results to ensure accuracy.
• Performs and documents all quality control as specified in a complete and timely manner.
• Properly documents all remedial action taken to correct any deficiencies noted.
• Performs and documents all prescribed equipment maintenance.
• Follows proper procedure for infection control.
• Is familiar with send out procedure.
• Processes patients and specimens in the reception area.
a. Registry as a Medical Technologist with the ASCP, AMT, and/or CLS or registry eligible is required. If registry eligible must attain registry within 90 days of hire date.
a. Bachelor's Degree with a strong course background in chemistry and biology or military service equivalent.
a. Previous experience in acute care hospital laboratory preferred.
a. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
b. Computer and keyboarding skills.
c. Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
d. Strong problem solving skills.
e. Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
f. Job requires ability to work all shifts as required, change priorities frequently, have good infection control skills, operate various instruments, computers, follow written instruction and know current policies and procedures.
g. Must be able to handle stress and work well with the public and the professional staff.
h. Can work effectively with all groups.
Degree of Supervision Required:
Involves general guidance and directions by the Lab Manager or Laboratory Director. The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently, and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Patient Population Served:
The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to analyze diagnostic tests for all age categories of patients according to Medical Center of Lewisville expectations and standards. The skills and knowledge need to provide such care may be gained through education, training, or experience.
Hospital rooms, common areas, clinical departments, and hospital grounds. See attached physical demands analysis for information related to potential job hazards, and functional requirements.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom