Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood, Texas Kingwood Medical Center
is currently looking for a Medical Technologist (MT). Shift: PRN Responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform manual and automated test procedures, accurately report laboratory results, to include perform special calculations, and report critical values.
- Performs and reviews quality control; decides if results are within acceptable limits; researches problems and documents.
- Must ensure automated equipment is operational by performing required maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting procedures daily or as needed.
- Must be knowledgeable of specimen requirements, processing procedures, and specimen rejection criteria.
- Must be familiar with the use of laboratory forms, requisitions, to include the laboratory information system.
- Must understand and remain compliant with hospital and department policies/procedures.
- Assist in the evaluation of new procedures and equipment.
- Participates in opportunities for continuing education and/or teaching, training according to the section performance standards to enhance technical skills.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- He/she will perform tasks as assigned by the Supervisor within his/her scope of training.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Medical Technology or related area of specialty.
- One year experience in a clinical laboratory
- Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good manual dexterity.
- MT (ASCP) or equivalent.
- Certification/registration or certification/registry eligible as a Medical Technologist required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom