The incumbent is responsible for performing testing on body fluids and exudates to provide information used in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Performs daily quality control, daily and scheduled preventive maintenance on all instruments to ensure quality of tests performed. Is responsible for supply inventory and storage. Efficient performance of these duties will directly enhance the treatment and recovery of the patient.Qualifications:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Must be ASCP registered/eligible or its equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology or related biological science.
- Associates degree with ASCP certification/eligible to sit for exam.
1. One-year clinical experience preferred.
2. Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
3. Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- Special qualifications: Must have the ability to effectively read, write and speak fluent English. Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills required. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Degree of Supervision Required:
Involves general guidance and direction by Supervisors and/or Department Director. The employee will be expected to perform job duties in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom