Eastside Medical Center
is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside
has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women's services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health. Eastside
is seeking a Medical Technologist
to work PRN
. ** Must be willing to work all shifts including weekends, with flexibility to work holidays** Apply Online Today to join this great Laboratory Team! Position Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of population served.
- Processes specimens, assuring specimens are reviewed before analysis, have proper identification, and meet criteria for testing.
- Performs test(s) on patient specimens, evaluates test results, and reports/enters/ verifies test results.
- Demonstrates critical analysis skills regarding appropriateness of test results.
- Troubleshoots all instruments.
- Understands documentation requirements for Quality Control and Performance Improvement.
- Performs analysis of various body fluids relating to the fields of chemistry, serology, toxicology, urinalysis, coagulation, blood gases, special chemistry, and therapeutic drug monitoring to aid in the diagnosis of certain disease states.
- College degree from NAACLS approved school of medical technology.
- ASCP, CLS, NCA, AMT, HEW certification or meets requirements of GDHR for MT required
- New graduate - certification for Medical Technologist must be completed within 18 months of completing an accredited medical technology program.
- One (1) year experience in clinical laboratory preferred.
- Hospital experience preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom