Sunrise Hospital and Sunrise Children's Hospital have once again been recognized as the #1 hospital in the Las Vegas metropolitan area by U.S. News and World Report! Sunrise is thrilled and honored to have been named the top hospital in Las Vegas both times U.S. News has released its regional rankings. Additionally, Sunrise Hospital and Sunrise Children's Hospital has been voted Nevada's Consumer Choice Hospital for fifteen consecutive years is the result of the commitment our physicians, staff and volunteers have to providing the highest quality care and service to our community. For additional information about our hospital, please visit www.sunrisehospital.com and learn more about the care and services provided by the facility and our community involvement. Sunrise is a 730 bed facility, we are the largest HCA facility, as well as being the largest in the State of Nevada. We are a Trauma II Level Medical Center. Position
: RN -
- 112 Bed Unit
- Charge Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, Unit Clerks all working to support in each other, working together in providing each patient quality care.
- Team approach
- Busy floor
- Supportive leadership
- Twelve Hour Shifts
The Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitor s , records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Please complete the online assessment that will be sent to your e-mail upon submission of your employment application. If you do not see this in your regular, e-mail please check your spam folder.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Nevada.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom