• PhD in Chemistry (or Masters in Chemistry with 5+ years of industrial experience)
• Demonstrated ability to apply strong medicinal chemistry and drug discovery skills to impact programs
• Demonstrated expertise in synthetic organic chemistry
• Scientific record demonstrating excellence in chemistry (e.g. publications, patents, presentations)
Behaviors & competencies:
• Proactive and self motivated with good organizational skills
• Constantly seeks ways to improve self and ways of working
• Builds strong working relationships for the purpose of achieving project objectives
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality starting points for drug discovery
• Experience with multiple hit identification tactics
• Experience with state of the art computational tools (molecular modeling software, use of spotfire for analysis of large datasets, in silico predictive models)
• Experience driving results in a complex matrix environment
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join DDS Medicinal Chemistry and partner with program teams to deliver high quality small molecule starting points for lead optimization.
The investigator will be responsible for interfacing with project teams in a range of therapy areas and developing hit identification strategies to rapidly deliver on project objectives. The investigator will become fluent with multiple hit identification tactics (fragment based drug discovery, diversity screens, etc.) and flexibly apply these approaches as needed to address program goals. The investigator will use state-of-the-art computational tools to evaluate screening data and identify starting points. The investigator will design and execute strategies for hit-to-lead chemistry for a range of biological targets. Where appropriate, the investigator will lead a team of scientists in DDS Medicinal Chemistry to develop and implement strategies for lead discovery chemistry.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.