The Meeting Manager position is responsible for coordination of all event execution from beginning to end which may include policy adherence, sourcing, contracting, negotiating, legal, risk, insurance, project management, planning, event registration, web registration building, logistics, management of multiple 3rd parties as a positive representation of the client brand, all while providing unparalleled levels of customer service on all programs.
Works closely with multiple client contacts to understand and meet program objectives/outcomes. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, ability to make others feel at ease, has a strong grasp of business/social etiquette and is a self-starter with project management, meetings management and client management experience. The scope of this role is mainly domestic in nature however it may be required to work with contacts and venues around the world. *This position is located onsite in Dublin, OH
- At least 5-7 years of past meeting planning skills
• Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
• CMP/SMMP preferred
• Experience working with domestic and international venues
• Proven experience in project management of meetings
• Strong relationship with hoteliers
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of management and clients.
• Appearance needs to always be neat and professional
• Understanding of current business and social etiquette
• Ability to work accurately and timely - in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to be flexible and handle change well.
• Analytical skills required
• Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience - Intermediate level
• Experience with meeting industry technology a plus
• Advanced oral and written presentation skills required
• Ability to travel by airplane, boat, rail and/or car both domestically and internationally
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .