Function as primary client liaison and lead for assigned programs. Manage meetings and events through the implementation of strategy, delivery of objectives and execution of logistics, while effectively working with clients. Responsible for coordination of program planning from post contract execution to final billing, while providing unparalleled levels of customer service on all travel programs. Works closely with client contact to understand and meet program objectives/outcomes. The scope of this position is dependent upon client needs and may vary from program-to-program. Performs other duties as required.Location- Ideal Candidate will be located in Cincinnati, OHRoles & ResponsibilitiesPROCESS MANAGEMENT:
LEADERSHIP AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Complete project timeline; establishes a work flow schedule with client and suppliers to facilitate prompt and accurate handling of all program details.
- Utilize business program management system to manage program from contract turn-over meeting to final bill completion.
- Manage and negotiate any additional hotel needs, destination management company (DMC), air and all third party contracts. Monitor attrition dates, cancellation policies and ensure contracted services are executed.
- Communicate between and support web requirements on assigned programs.
- Produce program materials.
- Coordinate and possibly attend site inspections as needed.
- Coordinate all program details and produce a program itinerary / working agenda that outlines all program specifics and requirements.
- May conduct program debrief with client.
- Complete final bill, review final billing prior to final invoicing to client.
- Maintain accurate records, system input, and complete file management as outlined in American Express M&E and client policies and procedures.
- Evaluate program impact and reassess objectives and outcomes; plan for continuous improvement.
- Partner with designated team to communicate registration and air needs, status meetings and continuous communication throughout program.
- Able to assist with any level of event including those of a complex nature, large volume, high level of confidentiality, international scope, etc.
- May require travel up to 30%
- Maintain proactive, positive, open line of communication with client to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction.
- Work closely with support departments to exceed client requirements and objectives.
- Partner with third party suppliers to arrange their services.
- Conduct regularly scheduled status meetings with client and stakeholders from pre-launch through program operation. Ensure program objectives are executed.
- May be requested to manage VIP special projects and oversee VIP logistics.
- Develop strong relationships with multiple contacts within client and supplier organizations.
- Review processes and offer solutions/additions as needed.
- Responsible for accurate program forecasting and updating business management systems with accurate financial information as needed.
- Manage overall program budget, review and audit all program related billing for accuracy. Track and report expenses to clients and communicate changes on a consistent basis.
- May initiate and reconcile supplier payments.
- Monitor foreign exchange rates for sharp fluctuations which may impact the budget.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- May require travel to destinations worldwide in support of client site inspections and/or program operations.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and trends related to responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain key client and supplier relationships
- Develop and maintain knowledge of technology and/or software solutions
- Handle multiple projects/demands effectively
- 3-5 years meeting planning experience required
- CMP preferred
- 4 year degree preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of management and clients.
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to work accurately and timely - in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and handle change well
- Analytical skills required
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience - Intermediate level
- Experience with meeting industry technology a plus (StarCite, CVENT)
- Advanced oral and written presentation skills required
- Ability to travel by airplane, boat, rail and/or car
United States>Ohio>Blue Ash
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement