Junior Meeting Manager
We believe that driving positive business results goes hand in hand with the execution of strategic, inspirational and flawlessly planned events. The Junior Meeting Manager within the Meetings & Events portfolio will have responsibility of strategic relationship management, account development and execution of events and meetings. The Junior Meeting Manager will provide thought leadership and strategic direction at a solution and event level that drives client retention and successful business outcomes. This position will be tasked with presenting project deliverables to senior management, conducting complex financial analysis in support of projects success, functions as primary client liaison and lead for multiple event programs. Responsible for coordination of all program execution from beginning to end including policy adherence, event registration, sourcing, contracting, negotiating, legal, risk, insurance, project management, planning, logistics, management of multiple 3rd parties as a positive representation of the client brand, all while providing unparalleled levels of customer service on all event programs. Works closely with multiple client contacts to understand and meet program objectives/outcomes. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, ability to make others feel at ease, has a strong grasp of business/social etiquette and is a self-starter with project management, meetings management and client management experience. Up to 40% travel may be required.ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIESPROCESS MANAGEMENT:
LEADERSHIP/RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT and PERSONAL PRESENCE:
- Complete project timeline; establishes a work flow schedule with client and suppliers to facilitate prompt and accurate handling of all program details.
- Utilizes business program management system to manage program from contract turn-over meeting to final bill completion.
- Manages and negotiates any additional hotel needs, destination management company (DMC), air and all third party contracts. Monitors attrition dates, cancellation policies and ensures contracted services are executed.
- Communicates between Information Technology support and clients for web requirements on assigned programs.
- Works with creative team to produce program materials as needed.
- Coordinates and may attend site inspections as needed.
- Coordinates all program details and produces a program itinerary / working agenda that outlines all program specifics and requirements.
- Conduct program debrief with client and provide full briefing report post each event.
- Works with accounting to complete final bill, reviews final billing prior to final invoicing to client.
- Maintains accurate records, system input, and complete file management as outlined in client policies and procedures.
- Evaluates program impact and reassesses objectives and outcomes; plan for continuous improvement.
- Partners with designated team to communicate registration and air needs, status meetings and continuous communication throughout program.
- Identifies, develops, and ensures implementation of SOP's and standard practices and process improvements.
- Outlines strategy and communication plan for client and internal presentation purposes.
- Responsible for working within the designated meeting technology tool and may be asked to make recommendations about tool/process enhancements.
- Role/Responsibilities may vary dependent upon client needs.
- Travel may be required up to 40%
- Exhibits executive presence at all times
- Contributes to a positive and open work environment.
- Embraces the Growth Mindset way of thinking and management including:
- Seeking out and welcoming demanding tasks and taking calculated risks
- Use setbacks and mistakes as learning opportunities
- Value hard work and effort to continuously get better
- Seek out constructive feedback
- Motivated by the achievements of peers
- Embrace setting stretch goals
- Keep open minds and embrace thinking in new directions
- Comfortable taking informed risks
- Collaboration and teamwork is integral
- May serves as a support to leadership in the areas of forecasting, costing and budgeting, and reviews program budgets.
- Ability to make others feel at ease, in-person and virtual executive presence skills and strong interpersonal relationship/communication skills with ability to anticipate the needs of the client
- Acts as lead, communicates program requirements to leader and client as needed; works closely with support departments to exceed client requirements and objectives.
- Partners with third party suppliers to arrange their services.
- Conducts regularly scheduled status meetings with client and stakeholders from pre-launch through program operation, and ensures program objectives are executed.
- Develops strong relationships with multiple contacts within client and supplier organizations.
- Review processes and offer solutions/additions as needed.
- Responsible for accurate program forecasting and updating business management systems with accurate financial information as needed.
- Manages overall program budget, reviews and audits all program related billing for accuracy. Tracks and reports expenses to clients and communicates changes to them on a consistent basis.
- Manages all budget financials in Program Management System
- May initiate and reconcile supplier payments.
- Works with leader to forecast overall program financials and ensure monthly tracking for actual.
- Works on special projects as assigned by leadership.
- May require travel to destinations worldwide, in support of client site inspections and/or program operations.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and trends related to responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain key client and supplier relationships
- Develop and maintain knowledge of technology and/or software solutions
- Handling multiple projects/demands effectively
- At least 2-4 years of past meeting planning skills are required
- Bachelors Degree Strongly Preferred
- CMP/SMMP preferred
- Experience working with domestic and international venues a plus
- Expertise in food, wine, travel and hospitality services
- Experience in planning high-end dinners/events at top venues with knowledge of leading venues/restaurants, chefs and sommeliers
- Strong relationship with hoteliers a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and professional with all levels of management and clients
- Appearance needs to always be neat and professional
- Understanding of current business and social etiquette
- Ability to work accurately and timely - in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and handle change well
- Analytical skills required
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience - Intermediate level
- Experience with meeting industry technology a plus
- Advanced oral and written presentation skills required
- Ability to travel by airplane, boat, rail and/or car both domestically and internationally
United States>Pennsylvania>West Chester
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement