Meetings and Events- Global Independent Meetings Consultant
The Independent Meeting Consultant is responsible for selling, sourcing, negotiating and contracting events for their clients, on behalf of American Express Meetings & Events.
With more than 40 years in the industry and an in-market presence in over 50 countries, American Express Global Business Travel Meetings & Events (Amex GBT) provides best-in-class capabilities to deliver powerful meetings and events experiences locally, regionally, internationally and across the globe. Amex GBT Meetings & Events is seeking Independent meetings expert consultants who have the skills and experience to deliver exemplary and professional services to their business customers.
Independent Meetings Expert Consultants run their own business and are afforded the opportunity to sell the Meetings Expert hotel sourcing solutions offered by Amex GBT Meetings & Events for the mutual benefit of the clients. Independent Meetings Expert Consultants have their own customer base and offer their clients event site selection, vendor sourcing, and contract negotiations services. They operate from their own office and in their own discretion from remote locations determining how, when, and where to conduct their professional services, as more fully set forth in the Independent Meetings Expert Consultant Agreement between them and GBT. They are responsible for their own operating expenses, including their computer, printer, mobile phone, internet access, travel, entertainment and other business expenses. Independent Meetings Expert Consultants are also offered by Amex GBT Meetings & Events a number of ancillary sourcing services such as meeting planning, communications and content advising, event staffing, etc.
The Amex GBT Meetings & Events solutions are designed for sale to individuals within organizations in North America that are responsible for organizing, planning and contracting for business meetings. The Independent Meetings Expert Consultants set their own goals and targets to maximize contracted revenue and fees; goals and targets are not set by Amex GBT. Independent Meetings Expert Consultants typically seek additional customers in any manner they see fit to maximize revenues and their fees,
Those Independent Meetings Expert Consultants who have been successful in their profession typically are quite adept at utilizing their strong relationship building skills to grow their businesses. While there is no continuing professional education or training required, GBT may from time to time make one or more forms of professional business enhancement and support services available on a voluntary basis to Independent Meetings Expert Consultants.
While Independent Meetings Expert Consultants determine how, when, and where they conduct their business, it has been our experience that Meetings Experts are most successful when they:
• Communicate effectively their value proposition to customers
• Hunt for meetings event opportunities within their own books of business
• Engage on an interpersonal basis with their clients
• Actively promote their meetings expert solutions
• Close profitable sales opportunities
• Continuously seek out new opportunities in account development by networking, relationship building within existing accounts and prospecting endeavors, and being visible within the meetings community.
What are some of the skills and competencies that lead to success as an Independent Meetings Expert Consultant? From our experience, those that are successful in their own business in Meetings Industry oftentimes have most or all of the following skills, competencies, and interests:
• Ability to work well on their own
• Interest in running their own business and related entrepreneurial interests
• Strong selling and prospecting skills in meetings management
• Proven track record of driving sales results particularly in new client setting
• Demonstrated ability in driving growth in client base and delivering client service
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in sourcing meetings and contract negotiations
• Profound sense of professionalism
• Self-management skills and ability to execute with little direction
• Knowledge of Meetings Industry
• Desire to generate substantial fees in a 100% commission arrangement
This position is virtual and can be located anywhere in the US.
What does a successful Independent Meeting Consultant look like?
A typically successful candidate in this position devotes a minimum of 18-20 hours per week during regular business hours, has a background in hospitality sales or full-cycle event planning, and is highly self-motivated and goal-oriented. Those with existing client relationships and strong industry ties tend to achieve earliest success.
**This position is 100% commission based
United States>New York>Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .