As an American Express GBT Meeting Planner, you will function as the primary client liaison and lead for assigned programs. The exceptional meeting planner will manage corporate meetings and events through the implementation of strategy, delivery of objectives and execution of logistics while effectively working with the client. You will be responsible for coordination of program planning from contract negotiation to final billing, while providing unparalleled levels of customer service on all programs. You will also work closely with client contacts to understand and meet program objectives/outcomes. The scope of work will vary from program to program.
Get ready to make impressions that will last! Listed below are more details where you will make an impact during your day:
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build registration sites on CVENT Tool
- Maintain and post meeting Tracking File
- Reconcile vendor invoices and monthly credit card statements
- Assist Meeting Planners with rooming lists
- Prepare and maintain arrival/departure reports
- Partner with designated team to communicate registration and air needs, status meetings and continuous communication throughout program
- Able to assist with any level of event including those of a complex nature, large volume, high level of confidentiality, international scope, etc.
- Maintain proactive, positive, open line of communication with client to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction
- Exceed client requirements and objectives
- Minimum 3+ years meeting & event planning experience required; corporate travel experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of meeting industry technology (StarCite, CVENT)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills required with attention to detail
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Must be able to quickly learn and integrate policy and procedures; knowledge of American Express procedures is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite products
*Normal hours of operation for this position are Monday - Friday between 8 AM - 5 PM CT*
AEGBT operates in a 24x7x365 environment in order to provide exceptional traveler care to our customers. Our organization has core operating hours that can range between 7am to 8pm, depending on the platform/customer. These hours may change in order to meet business demands. With appropriate notice, all of our employees must be flexible to work at any time between those hours regardless of their current schedule. Periodically, employees may be required to work at least one weekend day, or as business needs dictate. As business demands change, these hours could change and shifts will be altered to include a time slot within the 24x7 hour period. Our company abides by all Federal and Provincial laws to ensure employees are compensated appropriately. Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .