Arconic is currently in search of a Melt Shop Group Leader
to support our Global Rolled Products (GRP) business unit in San Antonio, TX. GRP is a dynamic global organization that offers the widest variety of aluminum plate and sheet in the world. GRP is made up of Arconic' s rolling operations around the world with manufacturing and commercial sites in North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia, and Russia. As suppliers to the aerospace, automotive, commercial transportation, building and construction, industrial, and packaging and consumer goods markets, our high-quality materials are the foundation for many products that touch everyday life
The Melt Shop Group Leader
position is accountable for providing leadership and direction to hourly team members to meet business requirements for the efficient production of metal in a team-driven, Arconic Business Systems (ABS) environment. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Group Leader is responsible to; ensure a productive and safe environment, make sure our product is made with superior quality, ensure production is reliable with consistent delivery performance, and the Group Leader must be able to rapidly problem solve. These business objectives are accomplished in accordance with the principles of the Arconic Business System, coaching employees in a manner that moves the organization toward accomplishing the target condition. Results that can be measured; projects eliminate waste, secure flow, and create a visual factory; and employees demonstrate high levels of engagement as teams develop and grow. The Group Leader may also provide process direction and prioritization to craft employees on off-shifts to resolve equipment issues.Key Responsibility Areas
- Support Team EHS progress, and leads incident investigations
- Coaches and supports Lead Operators and Team Members: Periodically meets with all teams, rewards and recognizes teams, has a presence on the floor, offers guidance, equips people with tools to develop themselves and solve problems, asks open ended and probing questions.
- ABS: Equip teams and self with tools, knowledge, and opportunities needed to develop and become more effective in the use of the seven stability tools: Problem Solving, Daily Management, TPM, Reward & Recognition, Kaizen, Suggestion System and Communication.
- Responsible to work with Lead Operators and teams to meet Production and R&D goals
- Provides support and direction for team conflict resolution activities. Participates in and manages conflict within the team. Coaches team to deal with conflict. Coaches to resolve conflict. Seeks additional resources to deal with difficult conflict issues.
- Attends and participates in Daily Management Meetings.
- Develops, improves, and implements a process that encourages cross shift communication, when necessary.
- Facilitates team meetings to resolve issues, celebrate successes, and determine future goals while encouraging team members to participate and solve issues.
- Promotes awareness and ownership of productivity improvements, objectives and goals.
- Regularly shares business information with the teams.
- Shares responsibilities with the Lead Operator for conducting Team meetings.
- Provides a communication link between the team and Production Manager on team activities.
- Administers discipline when necessary.
- Reviews production metrics to ensure team is meeting objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business systems (i.e. shop floor, Oracle, work requests, triple I's, change reviews, etc.).
- The Group Leader is responsible for managing multiple teams within the plant.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of Hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
- A working knowledge of lean principles and concepts is required for effective business results.
- Employees are encouraged to pursue continuing education for their personal professional leadership development.
- Experience in an Aluminum molten metal environment.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.