The Member Acquisition Manager will be responsible for driving the growth of new GovX members across all marketing channels. A successful candidate will help drive the overall acquisition strategy and work hands-on to execute new member initiatives on a daily basis, including focused optimization and testing plans. The Manager will be responsible for achieving clear new member goals across multiple marketing channels (primarily digital) and will be measured by defined KPIs while working within (and managing) a member acquisition budget.
- Develop and manage ongoing strategies to hit target new member goals (based on budgeted CPAs) in existing marketing channels, such as:
- Facebook and other social platforms
- Display Ads (direct publisher partnerships, ad networks/programmatic ad buys)
- Google AdWords (PPC)
- Publisher and non-profit partner opportunities (partner email blasts, social posts, etc.)
- Refer-a-Friend program
- Spouse enrollment
- Affiliate program
- Manage agency partnerships and 3rd party platforms that help support our growth objectives.
- Find new channels and partner opportunities to test each month, and dedicate appropriate portion of acquisition budget to these testing efforts.
- Work closely with the creative design team to develop and optimize assets for all channels and campaigns.
- Work closely with the product/development teams to test and optimize acquisition landing pages and the member registration funnel.
- Work with GovX Advantage team to leverage integrated placements with sports, entertainment and travel partners.
- Provide ongoing campaign reporting and analysis for all channels and manage monthly member acquisition dashboards.
- Develop and maintain a testing and optimization plan for campaigns, landing pages, and registration funnel.
- Establish a deep understanding of the audiences and communities that GovX strives to support.
- 2+ years’ experience managing digital marketing campaigns. Brand marketing or agency experience preferred.
- Proven experience managing detailed testing and optimization programs.
- Track record of taking an analytical approach to problem solving, relying on data to make decisions.
- Ability to think creatively for campaign creation, presenting relevant messages to targeted audiences.
- Ability to take full ownership of this crucial part of our business, and lead projects and campaigns from start to finish.
- Team player with strong communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally. This position relies heavily on other teams within the company.
- Excellent communicator with outside partners. This position interacts daily with agencies, 3rd party platforms and advertising partners.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy when switching between tasks.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Resourceful and willingness to get scrappy. We’re an early stage company, and this job is hands on and requires you to sometimes operate with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key digital business tools, such as Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Search Console, Facebook Ad Manager, etc.
- Basic understanding of HTML, with ability to expedite consumer facing tests without always relying on a more technical resource.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university.
- Not a requirement, but military veterans and first responder/military spouses are encouraged to apply.
- Please include your salary requirements when applying.
- Work in a fast paced environment at an eCommerce company growing exponentially year over year. GovX provides competitive benefits (including health, dental/vision, 401k and gym membership), and allows employees to work in an environment with a greater social mission.
- GovX owns and operates GovX.com, the Internet's leading e-commerce site for military, police, fire, rescue and related government agencies. GovX.com serves major league sports with verification technologies and also offers premium products for both off-duty and tactical use at exclusive prices. We previously founded and operated other successful Internet businesses.
- We are located in La Jolla in a modern office building operating in a very casual, team-oriented, atmosphere. Each person has the authority to manage their own areas of responsibility as well as think broadly and strategically about their projects.