Member of Technical Staff - Distributed Systems
Posted: June 10, 2016
Reference ID: 16000NQ8
Oracle Public Cloud Group (Santa Clara, CA )
Principal Member of Technical Staff
You are passionate about building large scale distributed infrastructures for the Cloud . You are the type of problem solver which every team wishes they had. You can grasp, solve complex problems and deliver excellent implementations for production. You just "Get it Done". We are a small and relatively new team building the next big thing for Oracle Public Cloud. This is a great opportunity to be part of a paradigm shift within a high visibility group here at Oracle. Help us by being on the ground level of this exciting opportunity.
The Oracle Public Cloud Block Storage Group develops the Elastic Block Storage solution running all public cloud services within Oracle. This includes Database as a Service and Java as a Service.
As a Principal Member of Technical Staff you will have an impact on the software architecture and development for major components of the PublicCloud Storage Services. Our product roadmap is an incredibly fun ride if you enjoy challenging problems. You must value simplicity, lightness, and streamlining to be a successful developer for this team. You must have experience with distributed systems that scale well and have participated on teams that have had a collaborative approach to systems architecture as well a high bar for quality and performance.
You will be expected to learn new p rogramming languages, use and integrate different open source solutions, and demonstrate the ability to drive innovation against and with standard technical concepts.
• 3 years delivering and operating in production large scale, highly available distributed systems
• BS in Computer Science with 3 years of relevant industry experience
• PhD or Masters Degree with 2 years relevant industry experience
• Strong knowledge of at least one Object Oriented Programming language to include: C , Java, Python, and Scala
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems and distributed systems fundamentals
• Experience building scalable storage systems is preferred
• Familiarity with one of the following: SAN, NAS, iSCSI, and Fibre Channel
• Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus
• Expertise in debugging scale and performance issues
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume and a brief description of why you are a fit for the position
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.