/Your Talent. Our Vision/. At Anthem, Inc ., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care .
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Member Retention Associate - Bilingual Spanish/English
Responsible for providing customer service to promote retention of members enrolled in Individual product lines.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Performs customer service in a sales/account management environment.
• Following appropriate policies and procedures, responds to member issues via telephone and written correspondence regarding benefit plan options, rate actions, cancellation notices, and billing to ensure member satisfaction.
• Researches and analyzes data to address customer service issues, interpret policy provision, and determine most effective response.
• Provides information and recommends solutions.
• Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis.
• Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure member requests, concerns, and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Negotiates sale upgrades by reviewing current benefit plan enrollment, identifying any gaps in coverage, and introducing new products/ services such as dental, life, or vision to promote increased enrollment and profitability.
• Mails out enrollment packages for any new upgraded sales accepted by members.
• Promotes the use of cost saving measures such as automated premium payments.
• Refers any complex complaints and/or requests for changes in current benefit product enrollment to health care advisors for retention of policy through alternative solutions.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
BA/BS in a healthcare administration or a related field preferred
Bilingual / Spanish preferred
3-4 years' experience in life and health insurance sales and/or member services field
Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. / /
/ Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com /
Job Customer Service
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Member Retention Associate - New York, NY - 137076
Location: NY-New York City
Requisition ID: 137076
A little about us:
We have shared values and a similar mission.