**CNA Certification Required***** 12-hour-shift/nights***
TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN CNA (Mental Health Assistant) - Parthenon Pavilion - Adult Treatment Program
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
The Adult Treatment Program
(ATP) is designed to provide intensive inpatient psychiatric treatment to voluntary and involuntary adult patients ages 18 or older employing an interdisciplinary team approach. The program provides services to patients who are at risk for harm to self or others.
The ITP is a 19-bed inpatient unit that specializes in the care and treatment of the most acutely mentally ill adults. Common disorders of patients treated in this program include, but are not limited to:
Centennial Medical Center
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depressive disorder.
is currently looking for a Mental Health Assistant - Adult Treatment Program
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, ability to gather data, demonstrates knowledge in range treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Follows direction from team leader of individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents patient care, as appropriate, in a descriptive, non-judgmental way.
- Leads group when assigned according to assigned unit's program guidelines.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with external and internal customers.
- CNT (Certified Nurse Aide in State of Tennessee) or successful completion of the Fundamentals of Nursing course in an accredited school of professional nursing (verified by transcript). **A student enrolled in a LPN or RN program who discontinues their nursing school program is required to obtain certification as a Nurse Aide in the State of Tennessee within 30 days of their discontinuation of the program.
- BLS certification current.
- Availability to work 12-hour night shifts, with rotating weekends.