TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN Mental Health Assistant - Parthenon Pavilion - Memory Care Program
Caring for People Since 1971
TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion is Nashville's largest and most established psychiatric hospital. Our facility has been helping individuals in need of mental health treatments since 1971. We believe that mental illness is treatable in a supportive and therapeutic environment. Our psychiatrists, therapists, nurses and other specialists are dedicated to improving the lives of our patients. We have a long history of helping individuals recover from different mental disorders and substance abuse problems. It is our mission to help patients return to a fulfilling and productive life.
The Memory Care Program
is a 12-bed inpatient program that houses both voluntary and involuntary adult patients. The program focuses on the provision of the following essential services:
Centennial Medical Center
- Interdisciplinary Patient Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Psychiatric and Medical Management
- Nutritional counseling
- Caregiver Assessment and Counseling
- Crisis Stabilization
- Care and Management of Activities of Daily Living
- Patient and Caregiver Education
- Community Resource Referral
- Discharge Planning
- Liaison Services with Placement Facilities
is currently looking for a Mental Health Assistant - Memory Care Program. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, ability to gather data, demonstrates knowledge in range treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Follows direction from team leader of individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents patient care, as appropriate, in a descriptive, non-judgmental way.
- Leads group when assigned according to assigned unit's program guidelines.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with external and internal customers.
- CNT (Certified Nurse Aide in State of Tennessee) or successful completion of the Fundamentals of Nursing course in an accredited school of professional nursing (verified by transcript). **A student enrolled in a LPN or RN program who discontinues their nursing school program is required to obtain certification as a Nurse Aide in the State of Tennessee within 30 days of their discontinuation of the program.
- BLS certification current.