Houston Northwest Medical Center, Houston, TX
An HCA Affiliated Hospital Mental Health Technician/Sitter (MHT) - Emergency Room (ER).
Since 1973, Houston Northwest Medical Center has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and women's services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston Northwest Medical Center operates two urgent care centers Houston Northwest Medical Center
is currently accepting applications for Mental Health Technician/Sitter (MHT) - Emergency Room (ER). RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
- Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct at all times
- Demonstrates and maintains good employee/peer relationship and teamwork
- Demonstrates good communication and customer service skills with patients, families, physicians and healthcare team.
- Transports patients in a safe and timely manner using appropriate equipment for patient age and weight.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities
- Demonstrates ability to consistently perform technical skills and follow through with assignments
- Prioritize work duties and works well under stressful situations
We offer a generous compensation package including:
- 1 year of experience in the Behavioral Health Setting
- BLS from an AHA provider, Healthy Interventions (or equivalent training) at time of hire
- Approved Psychiatric Tech Certification within 90 days of hire
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts,
along with other voluntary benefit options and programs. Come make a difference - Apply Online Now!
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom