Research Psychiatric Center - Warrensburg, MO Mental Health Technician - Senior Adult Unit - Warrensburg, MO
At Research Psychiatric Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life . Research Psychiatric Center has provided comprehensive behavioral health services for more than 25 years to teenagers, adults and seniors dealing with emotional disorders, mental illness and substance abuse.
Are you looking for a place to make a difference with a healthcare system that offers the best resources to not only the community, but also its employees?
Working in geriatrics gives mental health technicians the opportunity to work with our older adult population who have contributed so much to our lives while assisting them and their families in adjusting to the multiple changes of aging-which may include a decline in physical or mental health, or both.
Bridges Senior Behavioral Health Unit is a beautiful 12 bed acute care inpatient senior adult unit at Western Missouri Medical Center that provides specialized behavioral and psychiatric care to those 65 years and older. Staffing ratios are dependent upon census and level of acuity, and is well staffed to manage the multiple needs of the aging population.
About Research Psychiatric Center:
Our mental health programs offer a complete range of acute inpatient, day treatment and community based outpatient behavioral healthcare. Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and licensed professional counselors, all with special training to care for people with mental, emotional or behavioral disorders. We are dedicated to helping our patients find their path to recovery through therapy, counseling and other treatment methods. Our treatment plans are created to fit each patient's individual health needs. Our 100 bed facility is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and from the State of Missouri. All hospital based services include full psychiatric, psychosocial and medical evaluations.
Learn more about working at Research Psychiatric Center: http://researchpsychiatriccenter.com/about/ Responsibilities:
- Under direction of RN, Team Charge Nurse, Unit Manager or Medical Staff provides nursing care to mentally ill or emotionally disturbed patients in psychiatric hospital and participates in treatment programs.
- High School Diploma or GED required, BA preferred
- Missouri Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) preferred
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers required.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) required upon hire or within 90 days of hire.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.