The Assessment Response Center (ARC)
is a state of the art Behavioral Health clinical assessment and patient placement function that is located in the Memorial Hospital Medical Office Building
. The ARC clinical team is composed of Therapists, Social Workers, Counselors and Nurses who provide mental health assessments for patients of all ages located throughout the hospitals of the HCA South Atlantic Division who may benefit from inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care. The wide variety of patient types that the ARC clinical team assesses creates a dynamic and compelling experience for its professional staff. Further, the unique application of telehealth as the means by which assessments are conducted offers those members of the ARC clinical team an experience with one of the most exciting advancements to contemporary clinical care. The ARC serves as a way to clinically assess and subsequently place patients into appropriate levels of care across multiple facilities using the innovation of telehealth. Professionals seeking an opportunity to apply their clinical assessment or patient placement skills within an environment that appreciates the emerging use of telehealth should find their work within the ARC a career choice that is fulfilling and rewarding. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Assessment and Referral Specialist/Mental Health Therapist
, in conjunction with the Program Director, coordinates the pre-admission assessment process and provides clinical assessments for potential patients at our HCA facilities across the market. Also, assists with community education with clinical issues and participates with community events such as health fairs. The Assess/Referral Specialist responds to all calls for information, referral of patients, and inquiries about services offered and assists callers with accessing the most appropriate level of service and service provider to meet the needs of the patient. This position may work collaboratively with Transfer Center to expedite admissions and coordinate resources and information for the facility. CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The A&R Specialist will respond to all calls for psychiatry services responding appropriately to the identified needs of the caller and patient. Patient calls will be prioritized based on the level of need of the patient and the ARC Specialist will coordinate activities with the ARC Director to assure accurate record keeping and efficient patient flow as well as assure EMTALA compliance at all times and reports any concerns to the ARC Program Director immediately.
- The Mental Health Therapist coordinates communication related to all assessment and admission activities, insures rapid throughput for the emergency department, requests additional resources when needed based on volume, and works with the medical staff to move patients to disposition quickly.
- Responds to calls for assessments in the emergency department within 15 minutes and initiates the requested assessment as soon as possible and no later than 60 minutes from the initial request. Implements a back up procedure when the 60 minute time frame cannot be met due to heavy volume.
- Works with the transfer center for placement per identified procedures for admission.
- The A&R Specialist is responsible to document all calls coming in regardless the outcome in the approved format. Any staff member providing intake services will document all calls according to the system the intake coordinator has in place.
- For patients who are discharged the intake specialist provides at least 3 appropriate in-network referrals and develops a discharge safety plan with the patient when indicated using the approved discharge safety form.
- The Mental Health Therapist works collaboratively with behavioral health sales team to provide data, assure accurate referral data management, and includes sales team members in team meeting
- Possess a Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field in which a license can be obtained to perform clinical assessments in the state of Florida is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Masters Preferred, with experience as outlined below.
- Licensed to perform clinical assessments to determine level of care needs and to diagnose according to the current version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual required.
- Must hold and maintain current licensure as a mental health professional, such as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or RN license (RN requires at least 3 years in an applicable mental health environment) in the State of Florida
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prefer 1-3 years experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting for non nurses
- Posses a thorough knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods of treatment
- Possess good communication skills verbal and written
- Possess good organization skills and be able to act on multiple tasks.
- Understand and be able to train on all the state and federal standards regarding behavioral health assessment, petition, medical screening and patient rights
- This current opening is for evenings/overnight shift coverage - please only apply to this opening if you are available to work evenings &/or overnight
- This position covers a hospital ER department which is open 24/7/365 - The employee in this opening will be required to work rotating weekends and rotating holidays
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom