Position Purpose: This position works with a Senior Merchant/Merchant to execute the merchandising strategy for theirrespective Class or Classes of business. Specifically, the Merchandise Planner will assist their (Senior) Merchant in driving sales, optimizing inventory, and generating profit. The role serves as the Merchant's primary support for setting up and maintaining assortments through data management, responding to stores and vendors, and providing analytical support to help the Merchant achieve their sales and profit plans. The role is also charged with working with cross-functional groups to gain insight on trends and issues that would have an impact on the Merchant's category of business. Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 40% - Manages all product information for assigned merchandising category; works with suppliers to onboard new products and relays product information to the field.
- 20% - Uses merchandising systems to analyze key merchandising metrics (e.g., class productivity, product trending, inventory status, margin rate) and provides recommendations for optimization.
- 10% - Partners with cross-functional groups across the business to analyze components of the business where problems/trends exist.
- 10% - Works on behalf of merchant to identify, quantify, and communicate assortment opportunities; helps develop seasonal transition targets and strategies, if applicable.
- 10% - Performs various administrative and tactical duties for merchandising category.
- 5% - Supports the merchant during the business review and product line review processes; works with keysupport functions to assist the merchant in preparing for negotiations; analyzes vendor profitability.
- 5% - Works on various product tests within respective category, including inventory monitoring, in-store execution, visual merchandising, and analyzing results
Nature and Scope: Position Reports to Sr Merchant/MerchantNo Direct ReportsEnvironment:Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and notobjectionable. Travel:Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.Standard Minimum Qualifications:Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required:The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED. Work Experience Required: 0 Physical Requirements: Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Preferred Qualifications:-Bachelor's degree
-Understanding of retail environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
-2+ years work experience
-Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
-Strong written communication and presentation skills
-Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and adapt accordingly
-Ability to multi-task in a highly complex, fast-paced environment
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!