POSITION PURPOSE - The Merchandise Planning Manager – Homedepot.com will be responsible for understanding and analyzing the key drivers of performance related to homedepot.com merchandising. The individual will own the relationship with Online Merchants across multiple departments and will drive assortment, promotion, pricing, and profitability analytics efforts with the goal of identifying, recommending, and executing strategies to achieve business objectives and maximize sales and profitability across all channels. The Merchandise Planning Manager will also be responsible for leading select projects which further strategic business initiatives related to market share improvement, pricing, profitability, and supplier engagement.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40% - Drive consistent category-level analytics and strategy planning efforts with Online Merchants including coordination of necessary data from both store and online systems, competitive intelligence, channel performance, and site experience to drive actionable insights
- 30% - Manage KPI reporting efforts ensuring accurate data collection while highlighting key insights to drive executive decision making
- 20% - Lead select projects and new initiatives which further strategic business objectives
- 10% - Partner with cross-functional counterparts (e.g. Supply Chain, Finance, Category Experience, Marketing, etc.) to ensure development of well-thought out, sustainable, and effective strategies/ solutions
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Position reports to Sr. Manager of Merchandise Planning, homedepot.com
- Number of direct reports is 6.
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 03
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- MBA or equivalent work experience in retail, merchandising, or a consulting/ project management role in a corporate environment
- Prior experience in merchandise financial planning and analysis
- Demonstrated ability with business modeling capabilities using tools such as SQL, Excel, Access, and Tableau and advanced proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong strategic thinking ability
- Superior analytic skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- General management skills
- Strategic thinking; process focus
- Ability to influence others at all levels within the organization
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!