The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction and assistance in the completion of daily merchandise and operating tasks to satisfy Rite Aid's corporate standard requirements. In addition, in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, the Merchandising
Supervisor performs certain limited duties normally performed by them. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Provide superior customer service by assisting customers with their shopping needs,handling all customer transactions in a timely and courteous manner, and responding to customer complaints/concerns with a sense of urgency to see to their resolution.
- Attend to merchandising of plan-o-grams within seasonal departments, end caps, displays and basic inline departments as directed by the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager.
- Control inventory by performing proper receiving and stocking including accurate cycle counting, processing merchandise transfers according to procedures, and reporting inventory problems to the Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager.
- Accountable for store cash and other financial assets, reconciling cash register drawers,preparing deposits, and ordering changes from the bank as directed by the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager.
- Assist with the general maintenance and appearance of the store by ensuring a safe and pleasing environment for both customers and associates; respond to any unexpected emergencies to ensure the protection of company assets.
- Oversee that store inventory is regularly inspected in accordance with the Product Freshness Review Schedule as directed by the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager.
- Ensure that all outdated product and product with less than 30 days until expiration is removed from the sales floor to be processed through the established returns process.
- Oversee and work the load in a timely manner under the direction of the Store Manager including receiving the load and breaking it down, working the freight, staging it for others, and monitoring others' performance levels.
- Maintain a neat and orderly back room.
In addition, in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, the Merchandising Supervisor performs certain limited duties normally performed by them. Experience / Requirements
At least one (1) year of experience in retail, food service, restaurant or customer service industry, preferably at a supervisor level, and/or a two (2) year college degree.
A little about us:
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.