At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking a Merchandising & Sales Specialist for the Construction & Industrial Markets, within 3M Electrical Markets Division to manage the Southern California Territory, based in the San Diego / Orange County area. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Merchandising & Sales Specialist will be responsible for merchandising efforts in Southern California for the Construction and Industrial segments. This person will conduct visits to distributors to maximize awareness and sales of 3M products. In this role, the Merchandising Specialist will confirm that the distributor promotes products on the sales floor in proper quantities, according to planogram specifics, and that the store has all the information and materials necessary to achieve maximum in-store sales. In addition, this person will work closely with 3M marketing personnel to properly communicate new product releases, promotions and procedures to branch managers and counter managers at distribution. Must live within territory. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Determines merchandising/sales plan for specified territory
- Conduct distributor store visits according to territory plan
- Maximize visual presentation of 3M product displays, signage and promotions
- Create product awareness and added value placement opportunities in-store
- Report and manage product stock levels and new product stock suggestions to generate orders
- Implementation of national and local promotions
- Training distributor counter and sales personnel
- Support distributor floor/promotional days and branch location activities
- Works on a team of C&I sales professionals and partner 3M divisions
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Current, Valid Drivers license
- Previous combined experience in Merchandising, Sales and/or Retail is desired
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Sales and negotiating skills preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to all levels
- Experience working in a matrix environment or large complex organization
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong computer skills, Database management: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Salesforce.com
: Southern California (San Diego / Orange County) Sales Territory:
Southern California Travel:
Up to 50% overnight Relocation:
Relocation is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.