Provides coordination support for the planning, strategy and systemization of purchasing operations. Communicates with facilities personnel, other Company departments, and outside representatives to resolve issues and discrepancies regarding reports, shipping, scheduling, and any other problems or questions that arise. Expedites and tracks purchase orders status to ensure proper shipping, scheduling, and receipt of orders to facilities. Follows through with the appropriate departments to ensure adequate inventory levels and cost savings to the Company.Job Responsibilities
- Performs general administrative tasks, to include, but not limited to: sorting and routing mail, printing and running reports, organizing supply drawers, organizing and creating systems for office files, document preparation (e.g. scanning, organizing, printing, copying), sending out items to be imaged, maintaining and answering questions regarding management schedules, and greeting visitors.
- Responds to questions from new and existing vendors, stores, customers, and other department personnel regarding error corrections, category items and inventory, meetings, ad requests, resets/revisions and other related questions.
- Provides department support on various projects and related tasks, to include, creating PowerPoint slides, formatting and creating Excel files, responding to legal contract review requests, tracking ad type/items over multiple ad dates, conducting comparison shops, tracking hot inventory, setting planograms, reviewing printed and set planograms for accuracy.
- Assumes responsibilities for other Merchandising Assistants within the department when unavailable.
- Creates, enters and updates purchasing related information (e.g. seals, call-ins, P.O.'s, DLs, ASTDs, re-class requests, etc.) using various systems (e.g. Decision Web, ADR7, Walnet, AIS On-line, etc.).
- Reviews and researches information contained in purchasing related reports (e.g. overlapping deals, scan verification, discontinued DC inventory, divisional ad bulletins, 1506 claims, cost changes, aged and unapproved deals, GP Summary, customer complaints, SDD item vendor conflict report, etc.) To verify information, find errors, and make recommendations on inventory and money disbursement.
- Maintains processes on items, deals, reset/revision, spreadsheets, vendor information, requests, filing, artwork, ad planning, and new items.
- Trains new Merchandising Assistants on job functions, as needed.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year experience in an administrative support role.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Knowledge of Walgreens marketing/purchasing systems and processes.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.