BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 15 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Assistant is responsible for process management, implementing merchandising policies and procedures, and providing analytical support, insights, and recommendations to the merchandise team while learning the long-range business strategy and tactics associated with the merchandising function. Additional responsibilities include:;
- Functions as liaison and point of contact for vendors, merchandise, supply chain, operations and marketing teams to resolve issues and communicate expectations.
- Generates financial reports and analyzes data to draw conclusions and provide insights and recommendations to help reach and exceed sales and margin plan.
- Maintains and manages purchase order activity based on established merchandising plans for assigned categories.
- Maintains awareness of merchandise, consumer trends and competitive environment through competitive shopping, price checking, vendor meetings, trade shows, and demographic research.
- Monitors inventory levels and open-to-buy positions and creates and maintains SKUs to ensure timely and accurate delivery of merchandise.
- Participates in vendor selection process. Interviews prospective vendors and provides recommendations to the merchants.
- Performs slow-turn analysis, reviews sales and margin performance, and provides recommendations for markdowns and price adjustments based on trends and analyses.
- Plans and coordinates vendor correspondence, vendor meetings, product demonstrations/samples and promotional events.
- Maintains detailed assortment plan, identifies issues, and recommends solutions to the merchants.
- Responsible for coupon management and maintaining the advertising plan. Reviews and analyzes advertising and promotion results, summarizes findings, and presents conclusions to the merchants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in business or operations related field
- 1-3 years of professional merchandising experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
“For those whose hearts are bigger than their budgets, BJ’s makes it possible to live generously”